My name is J. Mikael Olsson and I am the author of this blog. I have a PhD in political science and until the beginning of 2017 I taught at Stockholm University. My main research interest has been political theory/philosophy and these are my (peer-reviewed/”scientific”) publications so far:
- “Ethics in Hiring: Nepotism, Meritocracy, or Utilitarian Compassion”, Philosophy for Business, Issue 82 (2017).
- “Justifying the State from Rights-Based Libertarian Premises”, Libertarian Papers, vol. 8 (2016).
- Austrian Economics as Political Philosophy (Doctoral dissertation), Stockholm Studies in Politics 161 (2015).
- “Higher Pleasures, Civic Virtue, and Democracy: A Reconstruction of Millian Themes”, Kritike, vol. 8 (2014).
- “Plato, Socrates, and the Politics of Meta-Aggression”, SATS: Northern European Journal of Philosophy, vol. 14 (2013).
- “The Straussian Paradigm Turned Upside-Down: A Model for Studying Political Philosophy”, Minerva – An Internet Journal of Philosophy, vol. 17 (2013).
I have also done some non-scientific (or semi-scientific) writing in Swedish, for instance a sort of introductory book on hedonism (Hedonismen och dess kritiker, 2016).
To contact me, you can send an email to jmikaelolsson (at) gmail (dot) com.